Job Title: Accounting Clerk
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Controller
This position provides support to the Finance team and reports to the Controller. The Accounting Clerk will assist in negotiating with vendors for the purchase of materials, supplies, equipment and services used by Front Porch. Further, the Accounting Clerk will assist in the Accounts Receivable process, generating customer invoices and ensuring collection of payment.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid bookkeeping experience
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Negotiating skills
- Computer literacy, specifically QuickBooks Enterprise, MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Professional appearance and manner
- High School Diploma
- 3 Years of previous experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned. These duties may be performed individually, as part of a team or in cooperation with other team members.
- Co-ordinate purchase requisitions, and document proper approvals and account numbers.
- Prepare and disburse all vendor checks.
- Negotiate with vendors for goods and services, to obtain optimum price and service levels.
- Ensure compliance with purchasing policies.
- Responsible for documenting customer purchase orders, invoicing customers, collection and documentation of customer payments.
- Accurately record payable and receivable transactions in accounting platform.
- Serve as a logistical assistant in facilitating, documenting and tracking certain company events, such as conventions and trade shows.
- Manage asset tracking and inventory control in Sage Tracking.
- Acts as backup to Office Manager.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Accounting Certificate preferred but not required
The position may require the employee to spend extended periods of time in climate-controlled environments, working on personal computers. The Accounting Clerk must be able to lift approximately 15 to 20 lbs.