Front Porch Job Description
Job Title: IT Technician
Department: Network Operations/IT Services
Performs work in providing for the effective and efficient day-to-day operation of user computer systems. Maintain user computers (PC and Mac) in a Microsoft Windows Active Directory environment, Manage and maintain users in a VOIP Phone System. Manage and respond to user trouble tickets. Create and manage users and user applications in email system.
Microsoft Windows Computer Platforms, Mac/Apple OS, Office 365, general networking and security practices, backup and restore practices and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned. These duties may be performed individually, as part of a team or in cooperation with other team members.
- Respond to user requests and trouble ticket in a timely and thorough manner.
- Maintains systems to support users, Office 365, Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive
- Maintains computer health of user systems, repairs, restores and rebuilds systems as needed.
- Connect with computer vendors for support of systems as needed
- Configures network hardware and software. Perform adds, moves and changes to user phones
- Provide support to offsite users of phone, computer and VPN
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- This position requires the knowledge and skills normally acquired through the successful completion of a AS degree in Computer Science.
- At least 2 years of previous experience working with Microsoft based client/server systems
- Basic understanding Active Directory and Group Policy management
- Microsoft certification desired.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills desired
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities